COVID 19 / CORONA VIRUS UPDATE: Although we are ALL social distancing at this time puppies are still being born and are available for homes… We are able to have your puppy delivered to your front door if you are not leaving your home. You are also very welcome to come pick up your pup in person if you desire. This is the perfect time, while you are at home, to get a puppy and spend quality time to train and bond with your new family member. There is no risk of transmission between human and dogs, Covid 19 is a (human), virus. Your puppy will be bathed in Chlor4 shampoo right before leaving our home, and we are careful to use safe social distancing, washing hands, disinfecting hands + surfaces at transfer.
CONTACT THE BREEDER ON THE LITTER PAGE TO ASK FOR THAT BREEDER’S HEALTH GUARANTEE / PUPPY CONTRACT, AND WHAT THAT BREEDER WANTS FOR A DEPOSIT AMOUNT. AS WELL FOR SHIPPING INFO. ALL BREEDERS ARE DIFFERENT AND MAY NOT BE WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW ON THIS PAGE.
How We Price Our Puppies:
Pricing : Our puppies are sold by not just one factor, but many. The smaller the dog the more they may cost, but not always, more than a puppy’s current size goes into what a puppy will cost. You have to also consider sex, color, availability, and most important quality. Puppies that have the whole package.(Tiny baby doll face, and square coby body,) will sell for more than a puppy that doesn’t. I have even had some larger sized puppies be more expensive than a tinier one, so ask about price of a pup you are interested in. Our Puppies start at 1200.00 and go up from there, although on occasion we may have a discounted pup for less due to age or another factor that may cause us to drop the price. You are paying for what the puppy is “at time of sale” and are not paying for what it will end up being as an adult in color, size, or any other factor, which only god knows. So if your puppy ends up a different size or color than you wanted that is a gamble you agreed to take when purchasing a younger puppy. READ THE SIZE INFO ON THE WEIGHT CHART PAGE WHICH EXPLAINS WHY WE DO NOT GUARANTEE SIZE IN MORE DETAIL! Some premium puppies will not be priced until 6 weeks of age. If you place a deposit on a specific puppy that is younger than 6 weeks old, and it does not have a set price yet, you are agreeing to pay the final price that he/she will be given at 5-6 weeks of age. In the case of a very small puppy or very high quality pup the price can be $2500 or more… A puppy that is priced at a younger age may go up in price, but if a deposit is made on a puppy that is already priced the price is locked and will not go up. Deposits are non refundable but can be slid to any other puppy if something happens to your puppy. Deposits are not refundable or transferable if you have chosen a puppy to place on hold, and then change your mind for any reason.
Payment and Deposit information
The puppy and shipping charges must be paid in full before we ship. A buyer must be 100% sure they want the puppy before any payment transaction is to take place. We will “hold” a puppy for you if you make a non refundable $500 deposit or whatever deposit amount your breeder is asking for. Once pup has reached 6 wks of age, (if pup is to be shipped), payment in full is due to give time for booking a flight and vet check. If picking your pup up in person remaining owed should be in CASH. Any other payment method would have to clear the bank before pup can leave us.
Always call before making a payment to make sure puppy you want is available and so we can watch for your incoming payment.
HOW TO PURCHASE: FIRST READ THIS PAGE, THEN FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- You must read every page of our website, including the blog page, before you decide on a puppy. Buyer agrees to Health Guarantee and all pages of site when he/she adopts a puppy from Seller.
- Look at shipping / transfer paragraphs below and make sure to discuss what you decide with your seller. Seller may decide a method that is listed is not good for your puppy so discuss transfer options and possible boarding options if needed with breeder/seller.
- Call to make sure puppy you want is available, and discuss if the puppy you want is a good fit for your family.
- Click the “PAYMENT FORM” button ON THE PUPPY’S PERSONAL PAGE. Call if you need us to walk you through the form. Everyone must fill out this purchase form no matter how payment is sent. MAKE SURE YOUR PAYMENT FORM IS THE CORRECT BREEDER’S FORM located on the page your puppy is listed on. We are all close friends and family but each has our own payment form. Ask if you are not sure which form.
- After you send payment check to make sure your puppy is on hold for you-AFTER PAYMENT CLEARS, which can take 24 hrs or more. Your name should be next to your puppy on the site. If after you are sure your payment has cleared you do not see your puppy ON HOLD with your name next to him/her then contact us asap.
- Order Nuvet Supplements and Have the puppy Food we tell you to have ON HAND. If you call in your NUVET order the Breeder code they will ask you for is: 84779 . If you call in to order Life’s Abundance food the breeder code is: 20060754
- Go over PUPPY CARE PAGE again so you will be all ready for your puppy’s arrival with everything already set up.
- Contact seller one week before puppy is to ship out to make sure everything is still good and pup is ready to be shipped. If picking up in person contact seller to confirm pick up date, bring anything owed in CASH and DO NOT bring any pets of any kind along with you to our home.
PUPPY HEALTH GUARANTEE / PUPPY PURCHASE CONTRACT:
Recently we have decided to do away with our two-page puppy contract since it was lengthy and confusing to many new puppy adopters, and many did not have means to print it out, scan, and then email to us… We feel these few statements below clearly state the main points from the past guarantee. If you have any questions please have no hesitation in reaching out to us.
Please keep in touch with us and call us if you are concerned in any way or feel you did not have the best customer service from us. We are here to help you and buyer satisfaction is very important to us. We try to be as fair as possible in every situation and if you tell us there was a problem and actually care enough to call to discuss it with us we will be there for you and you will be happy with the results. You should expect a follow up phone call or email a little while after receiving your puppy to see if you have any new owner questions and see how puppy is doing. If for some reason you don’t hear from us, please reach out to us, we want to help you with your new puppy transitioning into your family. After you receive your puppy Please remember to fill out a puppy buyer Review / Testimonial on that page of our website so people can see how you rated your experience. If you do so we will send you a gift for your puppy. A follow up review can be done when your puppy is older and we will send you a second gift for your time and consideration. Of course, if ever a negative experience I would hope you would contact us first to discuss and so we can make it right with you…
No need to Print this Guarantee out to sign and return to me. The puppy Payment Form will ask you to check a box that you agree in full with it and that is all I need to show you agree in full to the Puppy Health Guarantee / Purchase Contract.
Guarantee: If you buy a puppy from us you agree to the following and you have also read and agree to the entire BLOG page, Puppy Care pages, “Breed” page of your puppy, and Training pages of our website. This contract is between the buyer and the person selling the puppy. The seller’s Name and contact info will be on the puppy’s shot record given at time of puppy transfer to remind buyer whom puppy came from. If any issues arise with your puppy you the buyer agree to contact the seller immediately.
Seller agrees puppy is in good physical condition at time of sale. If at your first vet visit, dated within 3 business days of receiving your puppy, your vet finds anything health wise wrong with the puppy that would make the puppy unfit as a pet you may return puppy within 72 hrs for a refund of purchase price or replacement puppy, “which”, will be at seller’s discretion. After this date guarantee is only for life threatening genetic defects, although we will work with buyer if something comes up that is not life threatening in a fair professional manor. All registry papers and shot records also have to be returned to the Seller at time of returning puppy, along with your Vet’s report stating what is wrong with the puppy. If your puppy has a life threatening genetic defect before it turns a year of age we will give you another equal puppy when you are ready for a new puppy. First puppy’s registration paper, (if FULL REGISTRATION), must be transferred back to Seller and returned to seller to make sure dog with defect is never bred. Any and All transportation / shipping costs will be paid by Buyer. Seller’s vet is the person who determines what will be considered life threatening and severity of issue and future prognosis after reviewing the Buyer’s vet record and vet statement and then consulting with Buyer’s vet. Puppy’s microchip must be on any vet reports submitted to Seller’s vet for review. Parvo is covered for the first week after transfer. Parasites are covered for first week of transfer and if positive for any parasite within that first week we will send a $30 check to help cover a wormer. Get fecal checked at first vet visit for Giardia, Cocci, and worms. Pups continue to pick up parasites so additional wormings will be needed: keep your pet on a monthly parasite prevention and keep pet vaccinated as directed by your vet. (Leptospirosis vaccine can be dangerous for tinier sized pups. We do not guarantee against any possible adverse reactions.) Do not give a vaccine to a puppy for the first two weeks after transfer since stress may cause a reaction. If ever Buyer must rehome this pet, buyer will return dog to Seller if a suitable home is not found, so seller can find a new home for the pet. We do not want any of our dogs to end up in a rescue or shelter. Deposits are non-refundable if buyer changes mind on getting the puppy. Breeding the dog voids guarantee because no pet should be bred in their first year of life. Make sure puppy is eating enough and eating the proper food or supplements we tell you to feed. Any dog over a year of age is sold “as is”. Guarantee is for the first year of life. Puppy Buyer must keep (Jordan’s) as the prefix for puppy’s registered name or guarantee is void.
Things not covered:
We do not cover a reaction to any medicine or vaccine. Watch puppy closely after a vaccine or medicine. Make sure puppy is eating enough.
We do not reimburse for vet bills, so call us so we can help you save money with our experience, some meds and procedures are not always needed.
We do not cover any surgical procedures that may need redone or fixed such as tails or dew claws. We do not cover any adverse reaction or death from any surgery, remember anesthesia has risks.
We do not cover color change or a puppy that gets bigger or smaller than first expected, however if there is a huge difference in size on a pup that is over $3500 you should call to see what we can do for you if that pup was priced high because it was charting to be a teacup and it said so on that pup’s sale page, keep in mind some pups are higher for other reasons such as rare coloring and quality. again: Some pups that are higher quality or rare coloring are higher priced and that has nothing to do with size. We do not cover non life threatening things such as an undesended testicle, low grade joint luxation, small imperfect bite, or other non life threatening issues. We do not guarantee breedability on any dog sold. A dog over a year of age is sold “as is”. All Guarantees are for the first year of life. We do not guarantee safety of puppy during transport: Transport option such as ground transport, travel nanny, or airline cargo is the choice of the buyer and all responsibility is on buyer. During transport If death or harm comes to the puppy, breeder will help puppy Buyer with any transport claim for insurance but breeder will not replace the puppy or give a refund for the puppy. If the buyer is worried about a possible transport miss hap buyer can pick puppy up in person from Seller. Airline insurance for cargo is available and if buyer pays for insurance a claim can be made, but keep in mind Airlines do not approve claims and pay out in every case. If any other insurance is wanted Buyer will need to discuss that with the transport agency they choose.
Tinier sized puppies:
If your puppy is very tiny sized such as a micro, teacup, or small tiny toy you agree to follow the following care form.
Tinier sized Puppy Care Instructions:
Care of a teacup, or extremely small, puppy takes special precautions. By purchasing a tiny sized puppy from Seller, Buyer agrees to the following terms and conditions. If these terms and conditions are not followed any Health Guarantees is waived and shall be considered null and void. Give your puppy canned wet food daily, along with hard kibble in two separate bowls, and also water in its own container. Hard kibble and soft food must be down for your puppy at all times of the day and night until your puppy is at least 6 months old. Then, upon recommendation from your DVM you may reduce to 3 times a day. You agree to make sure your puppy is eating and gaining weight.
Items buyer agrees to keep on hand:
- A couple 12ml syringes in case syringe feeding is needed. It is best to syringe feed a few days when pup first arrives until pup is comfortable in your home. Then as needed. Ask Seller how much and how often your puppy will eat.
- Special food like A/D or Royal Canine Puppy Moose. You can get A/D from your DVM, and you can get Royal Canine Puppy Moose from a pet store. PLEASE CALL FOR US TO SEND YOU A VIDEO ON SYRINGE FEEDING. If syringe feeding is needed you should plan on doing it every 3 to 4 hours for at least a few days or until you see puppy eating enough on his own again and gaining weight on his own again.
- Buyer agrees to give the puppy a sugar supplement such as NUTRICAL every morning and at bed time and as needed for a sugar boost. It is in a tube like a tooth paste tube and you squeeze out 1” to give him to eat. Also give when pup seems to have a sugar low.
- Heating pad and hair blow dryer: For warming puppy and for supplemental heat, also drying puppy completely after a bath. Use a puppy safe heating pad.
- Until puppy is at least 6 mths old Check on your puppy every 3-4 hours to make sure puppy is not having a sugar low, so this may mean having to go home at lunch time if you work all day to check on your puppy or putting in a baby cam so you can watch your puppy remotely when you are gone all day.
- Food scale to weigh puppy; The best way to make sure your puppy is eating well is to weigh your puppy and watch that he is eating the soft food well when you give it to him. Buyer agrees to get a food scale that weighs by ounces or grams and weigh puppy every day or every other day. This scale is necessary to make sure the puppy is gaining weight. If not gaining you will need to force feed him by syringe or do so more often. Continue until puppy is eating and gaining on his own. If you need to hand feed your puppy you MUST make sure puppy is alert enough to swallow and will not inhale the food. If there are questions call the Seller.
If your puppy is showing signs of hypoglycemia, (Signs of hypoglycemia are: acting drunk, walking and falling over, sleeping and cannot be aroused easily, and very pale gums. It can also cause seizures and eventually death). Seller agrees to administer NUTRICAL, or another sugar supplement such as Karo syrup, honey, or sugar water to boost his sugar and CALL SELLER IMMEDIATELY FOR INSTRUCTIONS. If puppy Is hypoglycemic give sugar supplement every 5 to 10 minutes and also warming puppy up quickly with a hair blow dryer and then a heating pad to keep temp normal, until puppy response by being able to stand up and walk normally. Correct temp for a puppy is 101 to 102.5. When a pup gets hypoglycemic the temp can drop very low which causes hypothermia and eventually death if not warmed back up. Seller will explain all this and more to you when you call in the case of an emergency. As long as you get the puppy’s sugar and temperature back up and kept up, your puppy will be fine, even if it is in the middle of the night. Once puppy is responsive continue to administer the sugar supplement every 2 hours and start syringe feeding every 3 to 4 hours, and warm puppy with a blow dryer or heating pad as needed. Do not burn or overheat your puppy with the heating pad or blow dryer. In the event of an unresponsive puppy immediately call Seller for instructions on administering Nutrical to an unresponsive puppy, and further instructions. We do not guarantee against hypoglycemia no matter what the root cause is. It’s buyer’s responsibility to make sure the puppy is eating and drinking enough.
(Medications): You agree to get your puppy’s stool checked at your first DVM visit and any time you see wet stools for more than 3 days, no weight gain, or you notice your puppy not eating well on his own. We give all puppies worming meds before they leave us. Dosage on extremely small puppys can be very tricky, additional treatments may be necessary. Some tinier puppies can have reactions to some wormers and other meds so make sure your puppy is eating and acting correctly after any worming or medicine or vaccine up to 72 hours later. If puppy gets a cold at all or any sickness you agree to be proactive and put your tiny puppy on an antibiotic immediately.
(Housing): For the first few weeks keep puppy crated in an area no bigger than a puppy playpen, 24/7 unless you have him out, feeding him or playing with him for a couple of minutes, then immediately return to the crate. Everyone wants to take the new puppy everywhere when they first get them, and let them run and play all the time, but with an extra tiny one like this you have to allow them to be resting a lot of the day and should not take him away from his crate or your home for the first few weeks except to only go to the DVM office and back. Keep your puppy in a warm place away from windows or drafts and offer a heating pad.
Tiny puppies like this are fragile at first and so you will need to go by the schedule and procedures seller tells you EXACTLY. After the first month you won’t have as much concern. The first few weeks are essential to a successful and healthy pet. In the beginning tiny puppies like this take more time and attention to care for. But it is worth the extra work to have the HEALTHY tiny dog you want.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! END OF PUPPY HEALTH GUARANTEE / PURCHASE CONTRACT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TRANSPORT AND SHIPPING:
CONTACT THE SELLER: Contact the seller/breeder on our site that sold you your puppy to ask them about their shipping options, Below is general shipping options.
Shipping types: 1. AIR CARGO BY PLANE TO YOUR AIRPORT, 2.GROUND TRANSPORT IN CAR TO YOUR HOME, 3. AIR NANNY BY PLANE. 4. MEET NEW OWNER AT OUR LOCAL AIRPORT (KANSAS CITY INTERNATIONAL), IF YOU ARE FLYING IN. OR 5. NEW OWNER IS WELCOME TO COME PICK PUP UP IN PERSON AT OUR HOME NEAR ARCHIE, MO.
Keep in mind I can not even book the transport until puppy is paid for in full so please make sure your puppy is paid for well before week of shipping date.
On Tinier sized pups / AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVED YOUR PUPPY: If puppy is very tiny please give pup the sugar supplement and syringe feed puppy as directed by your seller/breeder. Keep eye on puppy’s weight and make sure puppy is eating enough and kept warm.
PUPPY COMES WITH: (Your puppy will come in a plastic crate you keep, if transport is shipping Cargo by plane, with all papers and food attached to top of crate in a baggy. HEALTH CERTIFICATE IS FOR FLYING ON PLANE AND IS INCLUDED IN CARGO SHIPPING COST AND MEET AT AIRPORT TRANSPORT COST, IF SHIPPING ANY OTHER WAY YOU WILL NOT GET A HEALTH CERTIFICATE UNLESS YOU SAY YOU WANT ONE AND PAY $50 FOR ONE.) If Pup is transported any other way Items listed will be in a bag handed to you. Items: Puppy shot record, vet health certificate if applicable, Puppy dog club registration application if applicable, Nuvet Supplements if Tina’s pup, puppy food, if not shipped by cargo pup may also come with a toy. Tina’s pups come with a Check List to go over with your vet at first vet appointment.
CHECK: Check to make sure all items listed on your litter page as included with your puppy are received with your puppy. Please look at front of shot record to see your pup’s microchip number and the online web address to register it on. First have your vet swipe microchip to make sure it is still working and to see if it has moved from between shoulders/neck back area to another area, this can very well happen and if chip has moved too far, like down a leg or is no longer readable a second chip maybe needed. Follow instructions on the online website to register the chip with your info, chip is blank until you do so. If puppy is extremely tiny it may not come with a microchip so please ask if this is important to you. Read PUPPY CARE page of our site to see what food you need and have it already at your home for when your pup gets there. Make sure to take your shot record to your first vet visit. A good idea is to print out the HEALTH GUARANTEE paragraphs off of this webpage and have your vet keep it in his files. Make your first vet appointment as soon as you know you are getting one of our puppies, appointment date needs to be within 3 business days of receiving your puppy but earlier the better so same day or next day appointment is best.
IF YOU NEED US TO BOARD YOUR PUPPY: If we have to hold a puppy for a buyer past the date it is ready to leave there is a $75 a week boarding fee. Of course we do not charge for delays on our end if puppy is not ready or there is a shipping delay. We only board for up to a few weeks because pups need to be in the home as young as possible to get bonding and training started asap with the new family.
1. SHIPPING CARGO BY PLANE: Shipping a young small breed puppy to your local airport is currently $400 as of November 2018 within the lower 48 states. shipping is also available to other places such as but not limited to Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico etc, but cost might be a little more…
UPDATE: airlines are getting more strict on what we can ship with puppy so Vitamins, (and sugar supplement for tinier pups), we usually send may not be allowed on the crate for shipping. Make sure to have the supplement with you at pick up for tinier sized puppies and syringe and soft syringable canned food noted on Puppy Care page of site. If puppy is extremely tiny it may have to go on a direct flight and if one is not available puppy may have to be picked up by the new owner or fly with a puppy nanny if available or ground transport that will care for pup the entire way. Flying your pup is generally safe and our pups are well socialized so being shipped is easier on them. We get them used to their crate and they feel safe in it before they ship. Everyone says their pup is happy and healthy when picked up at the airport. I mainly ship Delta, United, Alaska, and American but sometimes use other airlines as well. All airlines I use to ship pups have special handling procedures for pets and take good care of the animals. *We do not guarantee safety of puppy during transport: Transport option such as ground transport, travel nanny, or airline cargo is the choice of the buyer and all responsibility is on buyer. If the buyer is worried about a possible transport miss hap buyer can pick puppy up in person from Seller. Airline insurance for cargo is available and if buyer pays for insurance a claim can be made, but keep in mind Airlines do not approve claims and pay out in every case. *I have never had an issue with the puppy arriving just fine to it’s destination.
I, (Tina), Ship all my pups going by air cargo on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. Which day is dependent on my work schedule and weather. If you are getting a puppy from another person on our site please contact them about when they ship. I will know what day I will be shipping around 2 to 4 days before the flight. So you will need to keep your schedule open. I have many ask me to get pup to them at a certain time of day. The flight times are not up to me but are fully dependent on weather and other factors such as when other pups I am shipping will be leaving my airport. I will have the flight details 2 days before your puppy ships to you and email or text them to you that day. The flight details say where pick up location is at your airport so you can call your local airport and ask them where that location is in the airport. Before you leave home check the airline’s website with your cargo tracking airway bill number to make sure flight is running on time. Take wet wipes with you in case puppy had an accident in his crate. Remember to feed pups asap, especially if extra tiny. DO NOT ALLOW PUP TO WALK ON GROUND IN OR OUT OF THE AIRPORT!!! To many other dogs have been there and you don’t want your new pup to pick up any germs or parasites.
2. Ground transport: is not my first choice for a young puppy because in my opinion it is much less stress on a pup to be shipped in half a day by plane than to be stuck in a vehicle for days. Not to mention ground transports just like airlines will have a few other pets also in their transport and that means more time exposed to whatever sickness and parasites a strange dog might have. There are times and situations when I have needed a ground transport and I have never had a bad experience or a pup come up sick I sent out on a ground transport. *I have seen pups pick up parasites from this method because they are taking dogs out to potty at rest stops all along the route. A time I might use a ground transport is when weather is too harsh to ship by airplane or in extremely tiny pups that needs to be fed every few hrs when a direct flight was not possible. Ground shipping varies in cost but is generally around $400 or $550. Ground transports use their own crates to transport in. Puppy will come with bag of his items such as toy and food and all papers included will be copies. I certify mail you the original papers so they are not lost by transport.
3. AIR NANNY BY PLANE: This is a favored choice of those who are wanting to pay a little extra for first class type of service. An air Nanny can take your puppy for you from our airport to your local airport and you or your representative meets them there when their flight arrives. Air Nanny’s fly on stand by so your pup may get delayed at airport or overnight with the air nanny who keeps the puppy on them the entire time. Of course just like with ground transport you are relying on a third party not known to you or I to make sure your puppy is kept warm and syringe fed during the journey. Availability of this option is completely reliant on finding an air nanny that is available when pup is ready and one that is going to your airport. The Nanny has her own carrier for your puppy and any papers I give her will be copies. All originals will be certify mailed to you so she does not loose them. Air Nanny has her own fee which can be around $350 to $600 you will pay her in cash when you receive your puppy from her. No other money is given to air Nanny who is a third party shipper and is not affiliated with our kennel. If I have to meet Air Nanny At airport to give her your puppy I do have a fee that is paid to me of $120 which includes needed vet health certificate puppy will need if going on an airplane.
4. Meet New Owner at our local airport: For $120 which includes the vet health certificate needed to fly by plane we can meet you or your representative at Kansas City International Airport. Please ask what day and times we would be available to meet before booking a flight, call, text, or email with several options to discuss. You will need to let the airline know you will be going back home with a puppy so they can book you a seat on plane that is ok for that. You will need to bring a soft sided airline approved carrier for your puppy. Any amount owed can be paid in cash at pick up. This and picking up at our home in person are the two safest options for your pet.
5. Picking Up From Our Home: We are a group of family and friends so you will need to contact the person that sold you the puppy to see where they are. I, (Tina), am located 10 minutes from Archie, MO … which is 80 to 90 minutes south of Kansas City International Airport with no traffic. You are welcome to come visit and pick up in person. Please contact us to see what the best day and time is to do that, call or text with several options in mind. Most my personal small breed dogs are in guardian homes so parents are not at my home where you will be coming to get pup. You can call to discuss visiting guardian home if wanting to see parents. Please keep in mind if you need or want a health certificate from vet it will cost $50 and we will need time to get pup into vet for that. If no health certificate, the puppy still comes with a vet paper stating it has been seen and is healthy. Any amount owed can be paid in cash at pick up. This and new owner meeting us in person at airport to fly pup in cabin are the two safest options for your pet. If you pick up from our home or come visit at any time you must not bring any other animals with you. Full bio-security for the safety of our puppies and adult dogs.
*IS TRANSPORT SAFE?
I get asked a lot if airline shipping is safe for pets. After over 20 yrs of experience shipping by air cargo and much research I have come to the conclusion yes shipping a pet is generally safe. In fact since the new FFA animal regulations started in 2000 there are less animals reported hurt than humans on flights. I took a look at the online consumer complaint reports on transportation.gov… here you will see complaints of all kinds from plane delays to someone stubbing their finger on a baggage conveyor. Just taking US flight complaints from Jan to March 2017 you will find over 3700 US airline complaints and 0 were animal complaints if I read it correctly. When there is an animal complaint many are not puppies but animals such as geckos, fish, and such. If you look hard enough online you will find horror stories of something bad happening to a persons pet in cargo but you have to consider the thousands of pets that fly every day without any issues at all. We live in an imperfect world so something bad can happen no matter how cautious the transporters are so if you want a 100% assurance your pet will be safe you should plan on picking up your pup in person. If you want airline insurance put on your puppy so that you are reimbursed in case of airline negligence that causes injury or death then please add $10 for every $1000 of insurance wanted. This is not included in the shipping fee so if you want this protection you will need to let me know and add it to puppy add on fees so I can pay for the insurance when I book the flight.
Is transport traumatizing to a pet? I can say in all my experience shipping by air cargo I can not recall a puppy buyer contacting me after receiving their pup stating the pup was absolutely traumatized from the trip. A pup might be a tad hesitant or shy from seeing new people, sites, and sounds, but never hurt or traumatized. In general, a young pup is more easy going and has a natural submissive nature due to its young age which helps protect it against this kind of stress. A pup might show some signs of stress from the change in environment but a young pup should not be traumatized by a flight. Now of coarse accidents do happen from time to time but I can say in over 20 yrs I haven’t had any negative things such as injury or death happen to any of the pups I have shipped. I have seen some communicable diseases though, so if your worried about your puppy catching a disease such as Kennel cough, or parasites such as fleas, ticks etc, from another animal while on the plane I would suggest meeting me at our airport, (MCI Kansas City International), so pup can fly in cabin with you or picking your pup up in person yourself some other way.
If picking pup up in person any amount owed is due in CASH ONLY since payment would need to clear bank before pup can leave. So that means no cashier checks since that to would have to clear bank which could take 24 to 48 business hrs.
You are welcome to call any of us Breeders any time night or day if an emergency. If a non emergency please stick to 9am to 9pm CST. We want to hear from you if you have any questions at all before or after you receive your puppy. Thank You so Much!